JOIN HENRY’S TEAM
Careers at Hotel Henry Urban Resort Conference Center
You are an upbeat, outgoing individual who approaches your current position in a professional manner, even if you’re on the path to a different future career. That you are reliable and highly responsible goes without saying; that you have your own unique, unexpected aptitudes and skills will be your surprise to us and your coworkers. Your diverse background, talents, and quirks are what help Hotel Henry connect meaningfully with our guests.
YOU'RE INVITED! HOSPITALITY CAREER OPEN HOUSE
We’re looking for friendly, energetic people interested in a well-rounded career in hospitality to join our team and train in all avenues from Front Desk to Food & Beverage! You’re perfect for the job if you’re a go-getter, team player, and radiate customer service skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include fostering and maintaining personalized guest relations, operation of reservation systems, online correspondence, and inter-office communication. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, the internet, and familiarity with the Buffalo / Niagara region.
Full and part-time openings are available with varied hours and days to be arranged with you. Compensation: Above average compensation in the downtown market. Plus gratuities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Hourly wage: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour
Tuesday August 18, 12:30-2:30 pm
Thursday August 20, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
We’ll meet you under the Patio Tent on the South Side Patio of Hotel Henry (off Forest Avenue). Plan to bring your mask and maintain a social distance of 6 feet. Bring your resume and a pen! Hotel Henry Southside Patio on the Richardson Olmsted Campus
444 Forest Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14213
NOW HIRING! DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
Are you ready to make a difference not only for the company with which you work but also the community in which you live? Are you tuned-in to the renaissance of our city and excited about our regenerated region? Then join Buffalo’s Historic Hotels and become a part of the evolution of unproductive historic structures into meaningful community assets and internationally recognized hospitality concepts, where our talented and caring coworkers are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest.
You have the opportunity to directly impact three distinct, independent, award-winning hospitality brands: The Mansion on Delaware Avenue, Hotel Henry Urban Resort Conference Center, 100 Acres The Kitchens at Hotel Henry. You can contribute valuable ideas for growth and improvement; you will help drive results.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will create, optimize, and implement marketing campaigns. Responsible for driving all digital and traditional marketing activities and strategies by implementing, monitoring and measuring the integrated marketing and communications plans to support the business objectives for each brand, stewarding each distinct brand separately and co-marketing where alignment occurs.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will have a deep understanding of digital marketing and a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies, including data analysis, SEO and marketing analytics, and will use those tools every day. Embracing a holistic approach to marketing, they will conceptualize, implement and execute integrated marketing campaigns with a customer-first mindset, designed to be as human and helpful as possible. The right individual will be a highly organized self-starter, and a team player who understands the necessity of collaboration with all hotel departments and is open to assisting with interdepartmental duties to effectively contribute to the hotels’ success.
- Plan and execute all inbound and digital marketing initiatives across multiple channels including SEO/SEM, content marketing, email marketing, social media and more
- Responsible for all website edits, e-commerce, content marketing, email marketing, copywriting, SEO, PPC, social media management and targeted social media marketing campaigns
- Plan, develop and design assets for creative digital and traditional marketing campaigns
- Work closely with the hotel sales and operations teams to create a seamless customer experience through each stage of the buyer’s journey
- Develop measurable metrics to benchmark results of all marketing activity; monitor, measure, analyze, and optimize website and campaign performance metrics
- As a member of the hotel’s Revenue Management Team, conceptualize and implement new and existing strategies and programs to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Communicate the story of each brand in the brand’s individual voice with clear, concise language, in words that matter to the customer or decision-makers
- For defined markets, create and share content and design campaigns that are visible and useful to the right community at the right time, creating end user demand for the products and services of the hotels
- Oversee all online profiles and manage online presence across multiple channels including social media, online travel agencies, consortia, local listings and more
- Conduct regular audits of online profiles, including website content and images, to ensure a positive guest or client-facing experience
- Understanding and ownership of each brand and all branded assets and materials, serving as the brand ambassador for all brands
- Work with all department leaders on an ongoing basis to deliver the best possible guest experience from brand awareness through post-stay communication
- As a member of the hotel’s Programming Team, brainstorm and assist in coordinating public community programs and events with local organizations and business owners, searching for and developing new collaborative partnerships (free and paid fitness events, seasonal markets, tasting events, holiday brunches, etc.)
- Research and stay up to date on trends in the hospitality and marketing industries, staying well-informed of interesting emerging properties and brands
- Continually learning, staying one step ahead of the evolution of marketing as you are eager to master new skills and practices and we are eager to support your personal and professional growth
- You have a keen eye for design, as you will create, proof, and order all branded print and digital materials including sales brochures, marketing assets, signage, web graphics, etc.
- Owning and managing the relationship between the hotels and third party collaborators and vendors, as well as local destination marketing organization and media
- Be the technical operations of the digital marketing platform, supporting ux/ui web developers, resolving bugs and issues
- Managing all eCommerce platforms with assistance from multiple departments
- BS degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience and significant interest in leading and managing data analysis/marketing analytics, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email marketing, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Simultaneously managing and delivering multiple projects, a motivated self-starter
- Project management skills, a demonstrated ability to drive concrete results and actions
- Excellent relationship development skills with both internal and external business partners; ability to say no with defensible business rationale
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization through persuasive communications and analysis
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in WordPress and Squarespace CMS
- Social media technology and reporting
- Strong writing and proofreading skills; photography and video skills a plus
- Basic graphic design skills including InDesign and/or Illustrator
- Comfortable in Shopify and eCommerce strategy
- Familiar with MailChimp and email marketing strategy
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Basic HTML ability helpful
- Experience in CRM, HubSpot a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- Major medical insurance option
- Paid flex days
If you can’t make it to the open house (details above) fill out this form to help us get to know you a little better.
Thank you for your interest in Hotel Henry!
Questions? Please contact Reggie Sidell in Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org | 716.882.1970